The Old Vine House is a House, on frontage of which grows the Old Vine, the oldest vine in the world which is, with an age of over 400 years, registered also in the Guinness Book of Records. Once it was a component part of the towns defence wall, and today it attracts tourists as the central wine culture temple.
A temple of wine tradition and culture
The old Vine House is a temple of wine tradition and culture of Maribor, Štajerska and Slovenia, a house that represents the history and significance of the Old Vine, culture and long tradition of viticulture and the wine trade in our region.
The Old Vine House is an exhibition room with guided tours through exhibitions of rich wine heritage, museum exhibits, presentation of the sorts of vines by brothers Kreuzer, Archduke Johann, esteemed for the development of viticulture in Štajerska etc.
The Old Vine House is the honorary seat of Slovene and international associations, sworn to honouring wine and the wine culture:
- St Urbans honourable wine convention,
- European Order of Knights of Wine,
- Association of Slovene Order of Knights of Wine,
- Association of representatives of Slovene and Maribors wine queens.
The Old Vine House is a wine tasting place of excellent wines from Štajerska wine region (wine tasting offer)
The Old Vine House is a tourist information centre.
The Old Vine House is an exceptional event room. Would you like to use it for your event? Contact us.
Outside of opening hours.
A selling point
The Old Vine House is a selling point of
Visit events in honour of the Old Vine
- St Martins Day – the biggest one-day St Martins Day celebrations in Slovenia
The wine-cultural highlights of Maribor and its surroundings
- Wine roads: Maribor, Podpohorska, and Upper Slovenske Gorice wine-tourist road and The Trail of Archduke Johann intertwine over the hilly, wine growing surroundings of Maribor. Numerous wine shops and tourist farms offer excellent white sorts and Štajerska delights,