You are kindly invited to a festive coloured stroll through the old city centre of Maribor in the company of a local tour guide!
Fridays (June - October): at 4 p.m.
Saturdays (June - October): at 11 a.m.
Duration: 1,5 h
You are kindly invited to spend Friday afternoons, as well as Saturday mornings, on guided tours of Maribor in the company of a local tour guide who will present you with exceptional historical facts, rich tourist offerings and the lively pulse of the city's streets and squares. Each tour will be spiced with the visiting of cultural institutions or other urban provider!
During the tours, participants will have the chance to visit and learn about the Regional Museum Maribor, Slovenska - Local made (shop), Maribor Photography Museum, L.Unikati - workshop and sales gallery, Center of Jewish Cultural Heritage Synagogue Maribor, Maribor Puppet Theatre, Piran Salt Pans Shop, Vinag Wine Cellar, Old Vine House, Stolp Photo Gallery, Rajzefiber biro – different experience of Maribor, National Liberation Museum Maribor, Pivarna Bier Shop, GT22 & Modrinjak Photography Museum, Pottery Center Maribor, Zavod Mars Maribor in Vetrinjski Dvor Mansion – (fl)etno workshops, Maribor Art Gallery.
The one and half hour long introduction to the town core of the Styrian capital will begin in front of TIC Maribor (address: Partizanska cesta 6A).
Guided tours will be held in Slovenian and English; and in September and October, tours also will be held in German.
The price of a guided tour is 5 EUR per person, children up to 7 years of age are free of charge. Payments are made at TIC Maribor.
Maribor's Key Attractions:
- Trg svobode/Liberty Square (Vinag wine cellar, NOB memorial, Franciscan Church),
- Grajski trg/Castle Square (Maribor Castle, St. Florian),
- Vetrinjska ulica/ Vetrinjska street (Vetrinjska Mansion, Salzburg Mansion),
- Židovski trg/Jewish Square (Synagogue, Jewish Tower),
- Lent (Old Vine, Old Vine House, Defence towers, Minorite Monastery),
- Glavni trg/Main Square (Aloysius Church, Plague Column, the Town Hall),
- Slomškov trg/ Slomšek Square (Cathedral, Slovene National Theatre, Rectorate of the University of Maribor, Post Office),
- streets Gosposka and Slovenska ulica and
- Trg generala Maistra/General Maister Square.