As the capital of the Štajerska region and the second largest city in Slovenia Maribor is simultaneously charmingly small and clamped between Pohorje's wonderful nature on the one side and wine-growing hills on the other, and the river Drava, which wends its way through it. Peek into the habitats of many rare plant and animal species!
- Pohorje's sea of forests. Explore Pohorje's primevil forest, Lovrenška, Črno and Ribniška peat moors with lakes, the mighty waterfalls of Veliki and Mali Šumik and clear Lobnica…
- Colourful wine-growing hills. Stroll between vineyards, orchards and woods, along wine roads and scenic panoramic paths etc.
- Green Oasis. Take a walk through Maribor City park, go up Piramida for a great view of Maribor, visit the botanical gardens of the University of Maribor - Pivola and TAL 2000
- Trip on the river Drava. Sail with a traditional raft or modern boat and get acquainted with the city from an entirely new perspective.
- Homemade, green, ecological.
The richness of urban and rural nature offer numerous opportunities for relaxation, rambling, cycling, riding, adrenaline, skiing and other sporting ventures, as well as for cultural, ethnological, wine and culinary and Wellness adventure!
We will colour your day according to your wishes, but it will certainly be green, natural and healthy!