40th Pruning of the Old Vine, the oldest vine in the world
8 March 2019
Tradition, Viticulture, and Friendship.
The pruning of the vine is one of the most important practices in the vineyard because it has a direct impact on the growth of the vine and the grape harvest. But pruning of the Old Vine is also a significant ceremonial event; on this occasion, the city of Maribor donates the scions of the Old Vine to its partner cities, communities and countries all over the world.
The pruning and ceremonial donation of scions are accompanied by a cultural-ethnographic programme and scions of the Old Vine's descendants will be for sale for the visitors of the event.
Recipiens of the Old Vine Scions 2018
1. Holiday farm Ignacij Borštnik, Cerklje na Gorenjskem
2. The municipality Ilirska Bistrica, the scion will be planted at castle Prem
3. Stanko Habjanič, Miklavž pri Ormožu
4. Educational center Piramida, Maribor
5. Marianum institute Veržej
6. The municipality Vodice
1. The municipality Bar, Montenegro
2. The city of Szentjobb, Romania
3. The city of Novi Vinodolski, Croatia