Visit a treasure trove of noble wines, Vinag's wine cellar!
In the centre of the city, below the square Trg svobode and further on, is one of the largest and oldest classic wine cellars in Europe – it boasts an area of 15.000 m2 and 2,1 kilometre long underground tunnels, which lead you into a wonderful world full of the tastes of wine!
Wooden barrels, concrete cisterns, bottles with wine patina… The most valuable speciality in the cellar is certainly the wine archives, where bottles of the best vintages are kept.
After investigating "Maribor's underworld" stop at the nicely arranged wine tasting room, and try some excellent wines. You can also purchase wine here.
Guided tours and wine tasting
- Mon-Thu: 15:00
- Fri-Sat: 15:00 in 18:00
- Sun: Closed
- Tours and wine tastings are possible also on weekdays by prior arrangement.
Independent visit of the cellar (without a Guided tour)
- Mon-Thu: 10.00 until 20:00
- Fri-Sat: 10.00 until 21:00
- Sun: Closed
- Each guest receives a map of the wine cellar with marked points and a brief explanation
Note: Visit of the cellar without a Guided tour is not possible until 20 October 2019.
- guided tour: 4.00 EUR/person
- guided tour and wine tasting: 7.00 EUR/person
- Independent visit: 3.00 EUR/person
For further information and reservation please contact us at email@example.com or +386 2 234 66 11.